Foster Care Services: A Safe Home for Every Child
Thousands of Michigan children need temporary homes where they can feel safe, secure and loved. Some are victims of abuse or neglect. Some have been abandoned by their birth families. It’s not their fault!
To be a successful foster parent you must love children and want to help them. You must meet the requirements for licensing by the State of Michigan and go through initial and ongoing training. You must be willing to cooperate with birth parents who are working towards reunification with their children.
Lutheran Social Services of Michigan has been providing services for children and families since 1934. LSSM is Michigan’s largest private foster care organization, helping more than 800 children daily. Our experienced staff are passionate about their desire to help foster families create a better life for the children in their care.
Be A Foster Parent!
For the children in your care, you will provide:
- A safe place to sleep
- A nurturing environment
- Transportation to school, family visits, therapy and medical appointments
- A positive adult role model
In return you will receive:
- Daily reimbursement from the State of Michigan to cover the cost of the child’s food, clothing, transportation and recreation (medical and dental care is provided by the state)
- Ongoing training and support from Lutheran Social Services of Michigan
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are helping a child in need
We have a critical need for foster parents willing to take in school-aged children, teenagers and sibling groups.